Sustainable materials: what solutions?
Wednesday 20 October 2021 – 11 :45 – 12 :30
Facing the justified pressure of consumers and various governmental authorities, it is important to find and implement as soon as possible, using sustainable materials, alternative solutions to our traditional plastic packaging. What are the sources and resources available not only for large companies but also for medium-sized companies and start-ups?
- What are the practical solutions currently available to replace all or part of our plastic packaging?
- What are the technical constraints?
- What are the limits? On which products can we act now?
- In a practical way, how can a small company, or a start up, act?
- What is the attitude of consumers on this subject?
- Other industries, such as the restaurant industry, have been forced to change their packaging very quickly. Are there lessons to be learned for our Beauty industry?
- Eco-desirables: in the end, it’s the consumers who will choose. How can we make our packaging both sustainable and desirable?
Round table discussion moderated by Charles-Emmanuel Gounod, Beautyworld Connexions with the participation of :
– Florence Dancoisne, General Manager Europe, KNOLL PRESTIGE PACKAGING
– Françoise Dassetto, Founder of EFERDAY
– Sabine Durand, Editorial Director at INFOPRO DIGITAL
CEO & Founder of Beautyworld Connexions
International business executive with global experience in B to B in the consumer products industry (Beauty & Cosmetics), goal driven with a passion for people and products.
Charles-Emmanuel Gounod has the ability to grow business in existing and emerging markets through organic and external growth (M&A), manage cross cultural and multidisciplinary teams to drive results, including pre and post-acquisition situations.
His global business expertise is the result of over 40 years living and working in Asia, Europe and North America. He holds a business degree in Economy from Bocconi University, Milan, Italy as well as from INSEAD. He is fluent in English, Italian and French.
Beautyworld Connexions’ mission – a consulting firm based in Brussels, Belgium, with also an office in Paris, France – is to connect people & business throughout the world to generate growth and profits. Charles-Emmanuel Gounod, its CEO & Founder, brings over 40 years of B to B global business experience – at senior executive levels – in the Beauty & Cosmetics industry in multinational organization (Rexam and Givaudan) as well as family owned companies (Intercos). His expertise is particularly strong in business development in areas such as cosmetic packaging development, color cosmetics design and fragrance creation. He is a French and Swiss citizen.
In addition to his Beauty & Cosmetics products experience, Charles-Emmanuel Gounod has:
- developed a strong knowledge of business development in emerging markets in Asia and Latin America, from strategy to implementation
- been involved in several M&A and pre and post-acquisition integration projects
- developed a global understanding of business protocol in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America
By creating Beautyworld Connexions, Charles-Emmanuel Gounod is positioned to support executives and organizations, including startups, eager to develop their business throughout the world through:
- Market analysis
- Strategy & Business Plan
- Identification and selection of targets for M&A or partnership
- Integration and follow up action plans
- Organizational changes and team build up
- Introduction to selected clients and suppliers
- Global Account Management & Pricing best practices
Since early 2013, Charles-Emmanuel Gounod has been successfully working with various global packaging companies eager to expand through M&A in Asia and in North America.
He is also advising private equity firms and investors with plans to expand into cosmetic packaging industry as well as several startups willing to expand internationally.
Beautyworld Connexions sprl
– Rue Vilain XIIII, 35 – 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Tel : +32 483 509 069
General Manager Europe of KNOLL PACKAGING
Florence Dancoisne is the General Manager Europe of KNOLL PACKAGING, a leading global manufacturer of prestige secondary packaging.
Florence has 30 years of experience in the beauty industry and worked 15 years at Unilever, first on Elizabeth Arden then on the Global product development for Designer Fragrance brands like Valentino, Cerruti, Chloé.
She joined KNOLL PACKAGING in 2010, after working with KNOLL as a customer, to create the European office in Paris and offer their unique know-how of exceptional shapes and high quality to European brands. Passionate about packaging development and technical challenges, she and her team collaborate with brands in the most difficult creative and challenging developments. In Europe, she drives the KNOLL sustainability strategy and implements the elimination of plastic from production and the use of alternative recyclable materials.
Founder of EFERDAY, an agency dedicated to the strategic and creative support of SMEs, she has a rich experience in packaging design and branding.
After 11 years at Dragon Rouge in strategic planning, 3 years at Havas group as director of the packaging division, she created her first agency, White Spirit, which she managed for 12 years and whose vocation is to approach the markets in their diversity, from mass market to luxury.
For 8 years, it is the will to develop a new type of partnership which animates Francoise Dassetto through EFERDAY: to bring to the SME a proven experience and a support adapted to their needs, their constraints and their requirements.