Conferences’ program 2019
Thursday 20 June 2019
10:30 – 11:15 « 2009-2019: How 10 years of beauty trends are informing opportunities for 2020? »
Conference by Margaux Caron, Global Beauty Analyst at MINTEL.
What profound societal, cultural and lifestyle changes keep reshaping the beauty industry? Which market disruptions will continue to influence how we consume beauty products? Mintel will look at the long-term trends from the past 10 years that still inform and define the next beauty frontiers to conquer.
Today’s beauty consumption is split between two attitudes: ‘perfection and transformation’ versus ‘authenticity and self-expression’. As contradictory as they appear, they are based on the same cultural and societal changes that took place in the 2010s, and will still diffuse their influence in the coming years through four colour cosmetics trends: total inclusivity, overall ethical, high-impact simplicity and texture artistry.
11:30 – 12:30 « The Q : semiology of a forgotten generation»
Conference on the “Q” generation (Quadras and Quinquas) by Dr Anthony Mathé, PhD Semiotician, Brand Consultant, Doctor in Sociology at the University of Paris-Descartes, Head of Socio-economic Studies at ObSoCo (Observatoire Société et Consommation).
13:30 – 14:30 Focus on Color: « Iconic Beauty Colors » Red, Black & Pink
Round table moderated by Sylvie Maysonnave, Journalist and Secrétaire Générale of the Comité Français de la Couleur with the participation of :
• Olivier Guillemin, President of the Comité Français de la Couleur (CFC)
• Annie Mollard-Desfour, Linguist, lexicograph, semiologist at the CNRS
• Sophie Kurkdjian, Fashion Historian
• Luisa Oliva, International Consultant and Formulation Designer
• Michael Nolte, Creative Director at Beautystreams
14:45 – 15:30 Focus on formulation: « What are the new technologies, new ingredients in Skin Care and MakeUp formulations?»
Round table moderated by Charles-Emmanuel Gounod, Beautyworld Connexions with the participation of various exhibitors at MakeUp in Paris of which:
• Emmanuelle Couval, Director R&D and Innovation, Strand Cosmetics Europe
• Laurie Dewandel, Communications as CAPSUM
• Eleonora Tauriello, Marketing Manager, Pink Frogs Cosmetics
16:45 – 17:45 « How heritage influences today’s creation and design and can inspire the future»
Round table moderated by Charles-Emmanuel Gounod, Beautyworld Connexions with the participation of:
• Anne Camilli, Founder of the Musée A la Carte ®
• Jean-Marie Martin-Hattemberg, Expert Member of the Compagnie des Experts of the Cour d’Appel of Versailles
• Alnoor, Founder and manager, Alnoor design agency
• Fabrice Legros, Founder, Manager and Art Director, Studio pi design
Friday 21 June 2019
10:15 – 11:00 Innovations: « The latest innovations selected for the Innovation Tree of MakeUp in Paris »
The innovations made by various exhibitors at MakeUp in Paris and presented as part of the “MakeUp Innovation Tree” are the result of a selection made by a jury of beauty experts. They have selected the best and most recent innovations in the field of packaging, formula, accessories and full service.
« Looking back to go forward » What has changed in beauty innovation over the past 10 years by Cécile Tuil, Vice-President Communication at Albéa.
Followed by an introduction of 3 trends by Bianca de la Garza, CEO & Founder of Bianca de la Garza Beauty and a round table moderated by Charles-Emmanuel Gounod with Chantal Riols and members of the IT Products Jury who will illustrate how these innovations fit in with market trends and which are the most significant.
Next, we will present the “Milenials FavorITes Awards” of MakeUp in Paris to the three best innovations selected by the Morgane Hilgers Make-up School and presented by Morgane Hilgers, MakeUp Artist and Director, Morgane Hilgers Academy.
« Are you really “Green”? The latest update on Sustainable Development in the beauty industry » :
11:15 – 12:10 Part 1 : « With the SPICE initiative, the beauty goods industry is committed to combating pollution ».
SPICE, the Sustainable Packaging Initiative for CosmEtics, is an initiative that brings together organizations in the cosmetics industry to work towards a common goal: to collectively shape the future of sustainable packaging. Co-founded by L’Oréal and Quantis in 2018, SPICE will develop and publish business-oriented methodologies and data to support resilient decision making to improve the environmental performance of the entire packaging value chain. These developments will be the result of collective working sessions where members will share experience and knowledge for the benefit of the initiative and eventually to cosmetics packaging sustainability achievements on a grand scale.
With the participation of:
• Philippe Bonningue, Group Global Director of Sustainable Packaging & Development at L’Oréal
• Auriane Bodivit, Sustainability Consultant, Quantis
• Christophe Morvan, Responsable Communication, Elipso
• Thomas Eidloth, Manager of Global Sustainability, Heinz Glass
12:15 – 12:40 Part 2 : « How consumers are reinventing the “Green” codes in the beauty sector »
Introduction on the evolution of consumer perceptions 2009-2019 (Natural to Organic to Clean to Sustainable) and identification of risks and opportunities for the beauty sector by Vanessa Moreno, Research Director, Insight Crafter at DYNVIBE and Audrey Laurent, Research Director, DYNVIBE.
12:45 – 13:00 Cocktail for the 10th anniversary of MakeUp in Paris (with an introduction by Sandra Maguarian, Co-founder of MakeUp in)
13:00 – 14:30 Auction of paintings for the benefit of the CEW
14:45 – 15:30 « The Natural – Worldwide Natural Beauty New Directions »
Introduction by Eva Lagarde, Marketing Director, Premium Beauty Media, followed by a conference led by Emmanuelle Bassmann, Founder & Managing Director of In-Trend
15:45 – 16:45 « The French Luxury»
Round table moderated by Sabine Durand, InfoPro Digital with the participation of:
• Michel Gutsatz, President, Le Jardin Retrouvé
• Pierre Kalaijian, Director & Cofonder, Paris School of Luxury
• Jonathan Siboni, CEO, Luxurynsight
• Sylvie Marc, Global branding designer, Professor Master Brand Communication at the ENSAAMA Paris